Thursday, April 7, 2011

Poor Richard's Art makes 2nd gallery for me!

For many years I've considered applying to be a member of Poor Richard's Art in Rogers, AR, because it seems like such a cool place with its eclectic selection of artists and fine arts and crafts. But something always delayed me. For instance, I missed a flight home from a Cancun vacation last year so I couldn't make the meeting with their Artist Selection Committee. But this year, I visited the shop again and I was particularly impressed and very eager in pursuing showing there. So I made another appointment and met with a the panel last Saturday of March. Thursday I received email from committee chairperson Erin Neal (innovative mosaic artist) that I was indeed accepted!!! YAY!

Do click the above image which will take you to a cool artist page fellow PRA (Poor Richard's Art) artist Dave Clark (very unique abstract artist) made for me on the PRA website.

I matted and framed my latest piece so it is one of the paintings I dropped off yesterday. A wonderful jewelry artist and my good friend Mary Stewart was kind enough to drive me. Then we stopped a few doors up to Iron Horse Coffee Co. for a little coffee clutching :)

Jan Ironside and Erika Nelson photo by Mary Stewart
Here you see a new colleague Jan Ironside, and wonderful impasto artist, helps me get started in the new gallery. There I am big, as life, in my bright orange cargo pants! HAHAHA I'm calling it artist license, that's my story and I'm sticking with it ;) But if one would pick a theme in this post, it would be orange lol Not intentional, but my random choices tend to follow a color theme OYE! May this new endeavor be a blessed one too!

10 comments:

  1. Congrats! The Poor Richard's page looks great and so does your art. Very nice looking gallery from what I could see.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Amanda for always keeping an eye on me! xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Sherrykey I'm very proud to be an exhibitor at Poor Richard's Art!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats, Erika!! Your artist page looks so COOL. I love this kitty painting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Akiko-san thank you! It's a big compliment when you like my kitty painting because you are the master of feline painters! Thanks again!:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, congratulations for getting into another gallery - that's fantastic, Erika!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would also motivate just about every person to save this web page for any favorite assistance to assist posted the appearance. tempmailo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment ~Erika