Tuesday, December 16, 2008

DSDF 15-16 Watercolor Boots Oscar Myers

"My Winter Thoughts" 5.5x8.5 watercolors
Sung to the tune of the Oscar Myers jingle:
"Oh I wish we had a California winter
'cuz Arkansas just gets too cold for me!
My feet get cold and only Ugg shoewear keep them warm,
And those datburn things just do not come for free!" *curtsy* :)

Well we had our official snow scene yesterday and it was also a wet chill in my bones, I don't like it I don't like it WAH! Thankfully I have Karin Jurick's photo to vent out my WAH-WAH thoughts :) Please visit DSDF week 15-16 when you get a chance ;)

I haven't touched the Mommy Baby portrait but spent a little time with Mom. It's also officially Christmas in our heads since Mom has plugged in the fiber optic 4-ft tree LOL! The owners of Sandy and Domino's portrait picked it up yesterday and were very wowed so that that of course warms the cockles of my heart :) (But not me feet and hands hahahaha!)

12 comments:

  1. Great picture with this weeks challenge. Your idea is perfect and well done. If I don't get a chance again, Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great boots in a beach scene! It shows your desire to be at a beautiful beach in warm California. However, the reality is today is supposed to be the coldest here in the SF Bay area. It hit 34 degrees last night. It might go below freezing tonight. Hoping to see snow (maybe only in my dreams).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Dominique, of course the painting was highly inspired by this week's weather where we live. A very Merry Christmas to you my dear! Hope to continue our contact in the new year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Akiko, I hear it also snowed in Vegas? It was 16 degrees here last night but California is catching up then? Wow things are noticeably changing climate-wise.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These boots have seen some walkin'!

    Want some cheese with that whine? I know your bones hurt...layer some polartec and wool socks, dress for cold weather. Enjoy the seasons, and just hope the cold lasts long enough to kill all those dratted mosquitoes we deal with in the summer! Without cold, they just come back bigger and better!

    Winter is great for cocooning, painting, blogging, catching up on marketing and SOUP!

    These have been 'Three Dog Nights'! All 3 mini schnauzers, Annie (8), Beemer (6), and BJ (2) snuggle under the down comforter with us.

    How do California Dreamer's not miss all 4 seasons? The wonder of spring as everything blooms, birds sing...the misery of hothothot summer with its sweaty palms...the quieting of autumn with the glorious colors...and the sleep and recharge of winter?

    luvsya,Red

    ReplyDelete
  6. I too miss that sandy beach Erika. :) Great job on these, and the sand! It sounds like Karin has a great group with fun challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Red I'm happy to visit the 4 seasons lol I like the the confused plants wondering why they are still blooming in December in California. Ok I can handle and appreciate the 4 seasons if I can feel totally warm indoors and not feel like a Michellin guy when I'm layered and can't move.

    Anyway, 4 seasons is like having babies, I like that all the babies in my life get to go home when I'm tired of playing with them though I love them dearly. For now I have bean bags I nuke before I climb in bed. I don't mind summers.

    luvs ya!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Lori I totally think you ought to participate in the DSDF! I think all artists should do it just to keep the fire burning!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The beach... I never would have thought of this. it looks so inviting!

    ReplyDelete
  10. very realist. It's very well.
    I like and all the blog

    ReplyDelete
  11. Alice the beach can do that to me always thanks ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment ~Erika