Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Karin's Different Strokes by Different Folks


"Waiting" 4x6 watercolor on paper
I am participating in a weekly paint-from-photo challenge that fellow blogging artist Karin Jurick has recently started . This first challenge is from a photo of her late studio companion Jack who is very loved and very missed. Please go see the amazing results we now have at Different Strokes by Different Folks. I've just emailed my image so it may not be published yet when you go there. I'm impressed with the variety of art that happened, especially the creative designs people came up with. I'm hoping I will be influenced to become more creative in my response to painting photographs. As my first attempt, I've depicted Jack quietly wagging his tail while he waited for that unquestionable signal that Karin is putting her paintbrush to rest and they are about to go out and play or go for a walk. Goodness how on earth do you paint a wagging tail in watercolor???? If y'all don't buy that, we can pretend they are doggie treats by his tail - it could happen! :)

My blog reading today led me to big blush moment when I realized my dear little Red Vicki Lou Ross had dedicated a blog post to me! Goodness, I have no idea who she was talking about, I think she wrote it late at night and was probably sleep blogging or something hahaha No- THANK YOU and Love you Red!

For the rest of the day I'll be finishing a commission oil painting... or maybe I want to do an oil still life. So little time, so much to paint! Have a nice day!


5 comments:

  1. I just love your painting of Jack Erika! And I'm so happy to have found your blog and your beautiful work. A great inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello there Shel - your username cracks me up! I'm so glad we found each other, Karin has really provided a little networking tool for us hasn't she? Keep in touch and keep painting the ocean for me! Thank you for taking the time to comment :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for visiting my blog, and let's keep in touch. Love your political paintings...and lots of your others, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Deborah! I liked your Different Strokes piece, I look forward to your take on Karin's photos :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment ~Erika