Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Dutch Iris Flower Challenge

"Dutch Iris" 2.5"x3.5" watercolor
This format is also known as ACEO (Art Card Editions and Originals). I took the reference photo 7 years ago so I'm glad to have finally painted from it for my watercolor group's flower challenge. This iris was simply begging to be painted with the its beautiful contrasting colors of yellow and purple along with the ridges on the tips of its petals that fold along the tips for added feature.

I paint a lot of this small format art which I tend to sell in auction sites like Ebay, Etsy, and Ebid. I enjoy painting them because they allow me to be extremely portable in my productions and also because I can effortlessly ship them anywhere the buyer might be. Because of this my work is owned worldwide which is quite exciting!

Tonight I will be attending a pastel figurative demo by Leslie DeMille. He is a guest artist and this year's Ozark Pastel Society's juried show judge. It's been since the 90's that I watched a pastel portrait demo done in Fine Art style (I mean versus a typical amusement park portrait that tends to be more of a caricature). It should be fun; I'll be attending with my art gurls :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment ~Erika