Wednesday, January 2, 2013

My 2013 wish for you and me

"Sweet Peas and Golden Hominy" 8x10 canvas
Something I wanted to get out of my system is my first painting for 2013.  A bit rough, a lot unlike how I usually like to paint but my wish is sincere and it comes from deep within me :) I wish us all Peace and Harmony in 2013 and beyond!

Recently, my husband was installed as head of his Masonic lodge and to my surprise he gave a speech that included these two cans.  All my life I've always said I wish for peace and harmony.  So I just had to commemorate this acknowledgement from the powers that be by painting this :)  It's pretty exciting to me as you might guess so I'm happy to share it with you!

8 comments:

  1. I love this!!!! both the painting and the sentiment :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't see the peace and harmony at first but when I finally saw what the painting was saying all I could think was, how clever! Happy New Year Erika.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy New year Maddyrose! Wishing you the best of everything! :)

      Delete
  3. Hello sorry if this is totally random but im a teen going through a lot and i would like for you to please view my blog. I am going through DID multiple personalities and would like to make the world aware of what it is and how hard. so please visit my blog at http://myjourneywithdid.blogspot.com/

    thank you have a wonderful dayy & i love art

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it. Idk why. You written sentiments shows the sensibility you have and I ve got them :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment ~Erika